For over 30 years, I have been successfully working with clients to overcome eating disorders, depression, anxiety, and more recently, assisting parents and clients with the unique challenges of giftedness. Working with motivated clients to achieve a more fulfilling and enriched life is a passion for me.
I have found that people are truly amazing, and almost everyone who is willing to work on issues will discover that they can do things they never imagined they could. Dreams come true, grief and pain dissipate, and new opportunities arise. People cannot only survive those things they feared they could not, but they can thrive and grow from the pain they have suffered. It is a blessing to be a part of that process.
Effective therapy requires a sound treatment plan that addresses all areas of recovery. The emotional, behavioral, and cognitive elements need to work together to create a strong foundation for true healing. Some clients will also benefit from medication consultations, nutritional consultations, and other experts who are highly trained to work with specific elements of healing. When all the elements are integrated into the treatment plan, clients find that they can reach their therapy goals and continue to use those insights and healings throughout their life.
- Private Practice 1986-current
- Founding Board Member and Treasurer 2015-present Gifted Research and Outreach
- Profoundly Gifted Retreat Membership Team 2016-present
- The “G” Word Advisory Board 2018-present
- Founder and President: California Gifted Network 2010-2019
- SENG Model Parent Group Facilitator 2009 -current
- Founder/Creator and Owner of DIETLESS 1990-2002
- Executive Director: The National Foundation for the Awareness of Compulsive Overeating. Newport Beach CA 1987-1989 Psychology Intern Glendale Family Service 1984-1988
- Beverly Hills Medical Center Chronic Pain Unit 1984
- Beverly Hills Medical Center Eating Disorder Unit 1984
- Supporting the Emotional Needs of the Gifted (SENG)
- California Association of the Gifted (CAG)
- Glendale Area Mental Health Professional Association (GAMHPA) American Counseling Association (ACA)
- California Association of Marriage Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- San Gabriel Valley Chapter of CAMFT
- Children and Adults and Attention Deficit /Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD) World Council of Gifted and Talented Children (WCGT)
- National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC)
- Profoundly Gifted Retreat (PGR)