For over 20 years, I have been successfully working with clients to overcome eating disorders, depression, anxiety, and more recently, assisting parents and clients with the unique challenges of giftedness. Working with motivated clients to achieve a more fulfilling and enriched life is a passion for me.
I have found that people are truly amazing, and almost everyone who is willing to work on issues will discover that they can do things they never imagined they could. Dreams come true, grief and pain dissipate, and new opportunities arise. People cannot only survive those things they feared they could not, but they can thrive and grow from the pain they have suffered. It is a blessing to be a part of that process.
Effective therapy requires a sound treatment plan that addresses all areas of recovery. The emotional, behavioral, and cognitive elements need to work together to create a strong foundation for true healing. Some clients will also benefit from medication consultations, nutritional consultations, and other experts who are highly trained to work with specific elements of healing. When all the elements are integrated into the treatment plan, clients find that they can reach their therapy goals and continue to use those insights and healings throughout their life.
- MA in Clinical Psychology, California School of Professional Psychology 1984
- Ph.D., in Clinical Psychology, California School of Professional Psychology 1987
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, 1986
- Co –Author of Conscious Eating: Or How to Stop Eating in Response to Everything
- Co-Founder of DIETLESS
- SENG Model Group Facilitator
- President and Co-founder of California Gifted Network